Tuesday, January 15, 2013

To My Dear Cousin... Winston


Three days ago marks the three year anniversary of the devastating earthquake that hit Haiti. 
In 2011, I produced the music video  "Better" featuring Grammy award winners Melky and Wyclef Jean as part of the Care For Haiti charity album. 

Last Thursday (Jan 10, 2013), I attended an annual memorial for the earthquake victims at Brooklyn Borough Hall held by the International Humanitarian Outreach Ministries. As I sat and listened to the different speakers, prayers and singers, I thought to myself - the speeches sound good, prayers are powerful and the music is uplifting (the singers were on point), but what are we really doing? How are we truly effecting CHANGE?

Haiti is known as "La Perle des Antilles". It hasn't been that way for so long, but for many it still is in their hearts, mind and souls. There is an undying vision to return the country back to its original state and better

All things are possible through God, so I believe it can be done. But SOMETHING must be DONE!

IHOM put together an initiative to plant trees in Haiti and reforest the country. Reforesting will allow for the country to grow its own food, replenish the land and jumpstart the economy. 

In honor of my dear cousin Winston Marcelin, whom we lost in the quake, my family has purchased trees from the International Humanitarian Outreach Tree Initiative. 


The trees planted will not only be used to memorialize my cousin, but reforest the beautiful country that is Haiti.

We love and miss you Winston ♥
~The Aladin Family

If you would like to honor a loved one or the many who were lost in the quake, you can go to this link and donate 
International Humanitarian Outreach Tree Initiative.

Take initiative and do something, for tomorrow is not promised and all we really have is today. 
~xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment